Five Favs: February
We’re enjoying a little beach and sunshine in Florida this week and it’s come to my attention I’ve neglected to share a few amazing things out here on the blog. Several of them have been put to good use on our way here or during our stay so they are top of mind and just couldn’t wait. Here’s the quick gist of what I’m loving this month:
- We’ve been patiently waiting for Netflix to start streaming The People v O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story since I heard about it constantly on my favorite podcasts (Popculture Happy Hour is obsessed with this show, I’ve felt very left out) and from friends. We are cable-less and missed it the first go-round but OMG are we loving it now!! I was a freshman in high school when this all went down so I a) didn’t understand most of it and b) was more consumed with being in high school. So this is like a giant refresh at which Stu and I are in awe. Seeing the details of the case unfold blows our minds, plus the acting is incredible. I’ve cried over Marcia Clark’s storyline…it’s heartbreaking and empowering at the same time. This should be your new binge-worth show!
- I got this adorable Evereve Racerback Dress on sale a couple weeks ago and couldn’t wait to try it out here in Florida. It’s SO comfortable and can be dressed up or down. It’s the perfect length, cut, and looks very summery with a jean jacket and sandals. It comes in several colors and is still on sale, but there aren’t many left. So hurry!
- There’s a published chef in our neck of the woods, specializing in small batch recipes and kind of blowing my mind with her skills. Christina from Dessert for Two has been in my Instagram feed making my hungry every day and her recipes do not disappoint. I love that we can make super simple yet delicious Monster Cookies in a batch of 12, which is so much more manageable when you’re trying to keep things healthy around the house without totally denying treats. I’m pretty sure she and I should be friends but am currently kind of star-struck since she just released her third cookbook last week.
- We only give the boys iPads on car and plane trips—holding them back makes the binge so much more fun—and therefore have tried several headrest holder solutions. All have been returned, they just didn’t work. That is, until I found these by TFY. Not only do these work fabulously in a car, they work on a plane too! We took them on our holiday trip to California and couldn’t stop talking about how amazing they are. I have people stop my on every flight asking where we found them. They come with a case to fit your device (so make sure to order the right one!) and a stretchy, velcro-clad band that wraps around headrests, airplane seat trays, and I’m sure many other things. You stick the device to the band and boom, hands-free. Very easy to remove when you’re in the front seat and kiddos need help, which is often in Finn’s case. Bonus, they are under $20 a piece.
- No doubt you’ve tried or heard of personal shopping services. Stitch Fix, Trendsend (my personal favorite), Wantable (awesome for workout clothes), and LeTote. They’ve becoming increasingly popular because seriously, who likes trying on clothes in a store? Ones you have to pick out yourself? So when I heard about Rockets of Awesome, a personal styling service for kids, I was sold. For a $20 styling fee, you get an adorable suitcase-like box stuffed full of cute clothes based on your child’s preferences (or the preferences you choose for them, let’s be real here). I got one for each of my boys and was thrilled to find several items we could’t live without. They loved opening the boxes and even let me try the clothes on them…something they typically HATE. Your styling fee goes toward the clothes you keep, everything is very reasonably priced and great quality. Customer service is awesome too. Send back whatever you don’t want in a pre-paid bag. Your kid’s wardrobe is instantly infused with some style you won’t see anywhere else. Worth a try, right?
Ok what are you loving this month? Also, I’m just now finishing this and realizing I neglected to talk about any new (to me) music, a topic I’m usually anxious to rave about. What have you been listening to lately?