Friday Five Favs – August
Time for round two of my new monthly post (see round one here), just quick snippets about things I’ve been using and loving lately.
Five things, to be exact.
These are them!
1. Bumble & Bumble Straight Blow Dry is making my hair drying mahem a little less horrible these hot summer days. I’ve committed to this long hair, so now I’ve again taken on the task of long blow dry and round brushing times…time I’d rather spend doing just about anything else. After browsing products at Sephora, seeking this year’s can of hair spray, I found this Blow Dry cream and bough it on a whim. It’s great. It not only makes round brushing easier, but I get more “wear out of my hair”, meaning I may get to skip a day (or two) of dealing with it. For me, the product-less person, recommending something like this is a monumental moment.
2. Goshen Coffee Bona Fide Espresso is my hands-down favorite coffee in the world. I go out of my way to get a latte made with this liquid gold at the several cafes I’ve pinpointed throughout St. Louis: Foundation Grounds, Local Harvest, and Sweet Art are my favorites. But since I rarely buy coffees out, I buy this stuff in bulk for my iced coffee—it’s always in our fridge during the summer months. Smooth and chocolatey with a lack of bitterness with which so many other blends fall short. Made right across the river in Edwardsville, IL, it feels great patronizing a local brand.
3. Kung Fu Panda is our household’s newest guilty pleasure. Ethan gets a kick out of, well, the kicking. I remember seeing commercials for this movie long ago, pre-kid, pre-even-thinking-about-kids, and saying to a friend, “That movie looks terrible.” Well the joke is on me, because five years later I’m kicking back in bed with my little man enjoying the heck out of this adorable flick. How they came up with it, I will never know. But it’s awesome.
4. Target’s Merona Wedge Sandal is my favorite purchase of the summer. Less than $20 has made my feet cute and happy for dinner with friends, walks down the street, science center visits, and whatever else I’m up to because they go with everything. I have them in black, but I may be heading back for another color soon. Love love love.
5. Melissa & Doug Alphabet Express Floor Puzzle has been keeping us busy nearly every evening this week. I’m trying to help Ethan figure out the ABC’s while not pressuring…it’s slow going. But he’s catching on. We sing the song over and over, using it to help us figure out what comes next in the train. It takes a looooong time and I’m astonished when Ethan makes it all the way to Z—that takes patience. He’s at least mastered the fitting of puzzle pieces together!
Share a favorite! Just something little, under $20…common, it’s fun to share!